Sunday, September 30, 2012

Just Because...

Hello Friends! I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I have a goodie to share today. I am LOVING the digital images at Meljen's Designs! They are so cute and such fun to color. The Thursday Challenge for this week is "Just Because". Don't you love the sound of that? "Just because"...meaning something was done or given for no special reason...I LOVE that! I decided to make something for my Mom's Bible study group...they are going to be soooo surprised!

I spotted a cute little tea bag holder on Pinterest. I clicked on the link and landed HERE. And lucky me, I actually had everything in my studio to make the holder, and that is just what I did. Take a look...



Click to enlarge.

Isn't it darling? I whipped up a batch of these in no time. They are super simple to make assembly line style. Let's talk about that cute Meljen's Designs image.  It's called Cinnamon Harvest Mug. One thing I really enjoy about digital images, is the versatility. I was able to re-size this to fit my project. After printing and coloring my image, I added lots of sparkle with a stardust glitter pen. I also added a drop of Crystal Effects to the 'tea' in the mug to make it look wet. I made the crinkled seam binding using water and an ink pad.


Here is how I finished off the inside...

 


Cute, right? I used my Sugar and Spice scented embossing power on the greeting, so the card smells yummy, too. And I did a bit of sponging and paper piercing to create interest. I can see making these for many different occasions, just by changing the image and patterned papers.


click to enlarge


Materials Used~
digital image: Cinnamon Harvest Mug(Meljen's Designs)
stamp sets: Fancy Flourishes, Tea for Two, Round & Round(Papertrey Ink)
card stock: Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit(Stampin' Up!)   Rustic Cream(Papertrey Ink) Orange/Red(Bazzill)
patterned paper: Comfort Cafe(Stampin' Up!)
ink: Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit(Stampin' Up!)
punches: circle, scallop circle , Word Window and Modern Label(Stampin' Up!)
other: copper brads(GinaK Designs)  Stardust glitter pen(Sakura)  eggshell seam binding(Hug Snug)  Dimensionals(Stampin' Up!)  Crystal Effects(Stampin' Up!)  Sugar and Spice Scented Stampin'  Emboss powder(Stampin' Up!)    Copic markers  Cinnamon Stick tea(Bigelow)

That's all folks! Thanks for dropping by!


Blessings~

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

What an absolutely wonderful project, Barb. I've no doubt the ladies will be thrilled to receive your thoughtful gift. Yay for having all the supplies needed at your fingertips, too. This is a winner in my book. *Ü*

Sheila H said...

This is super cute! The ladies will love your delightful surprise.

Lu Picoral said...

Lovely project!

Allie Cat's Creations said...

This is so cute! What a great idea!! I saw your post in the MelJen's fb group too.. I just love it. Thank you for sharing your talents and joining us this week at MelJen's! :)
~Gina

Unknown said...

This is super cute!I really love how your gift packaging!
Thank you for joining this weeks Meljen's Challenge.
Ruza ~ DT