Friday, February 17, 2012

Celebrate Today

Hey, hey, it's Friday! We've got a long weekend and I am just giddy with excitement! I hope to accomplish many things this weekend. I have a loooong To-Do List so I'm going to be brief.

I am sharing a card for the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge entitled, My Sentiments, Exactly. The challenge is to use a Mo's image and any sentiment on your card.

click to enlarge.
supplies~
digital image: Fairy 2(Mo's Digital Pencil)
stamp set: Round and Round Limited Edition(Papertrey Ink)
card stock: Fresh Asparagus(GinaK Designs)  Vintage Cream(Papertrey Ink)
patterned paper: Once Upon a Springtime Collection(G45)
ink: Olive(CTMH)   Vintage Photo Distress Ink(Ranger)
other: Copic markers   wrinkled ribbon and button(Memrie Mare)   Dazzling Diamonds(SU!)   Square Nestabilities(Spellbinders)  oval and scallop oval punches(SU!)

I chose Fairy 2. I love her because she reminds me of me! She's from Mo's Real Women Collection...nice name, right? *wink, wink* I've used this image in the past and you can see that card HERE.  I printed her onto Vintage Cream card stock, colored her with Copics, and added a sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds on her wings. The background paper is from the Once Upon a Springtime collection by Graphic 45, my bow is made with  ribbon from Memrie Mare, and I used the button from the packaging of the ribbon. The focal image has been die cut with Square Nestabilities and sponged with Vintage Photo distress ink. I stamped my sentiment with Olive ink, lightly sponged the edges, then punched it out with an oval punch, matted it with a scallop, then adhered it with dimensional adhesive. You can see by the little side peek, that I finished off the inside of the card, as well. That extra touch makes the whole thing just a bit more special  in my opinion.

Well, that's all I have for you today. Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping in...

Blessings~

7 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Barb! I love the rich green colors and the wonderfully colored fairy! Thanks for joining us for Mo's Challenge this week!

Debbie said...

OH WOW!!! She is just GORGEOUS!!! you did a fantastic job, you colored her to perfection, I am so glad you joined us this week at Mo's.

Hugs
Debbie

Jeanne said...

Oh woweee, fabulous card, Barb! I agree that you have colored her beautifully and that sentiment is perfect. What a joyful card! Thanks so much for sharing and hope you get all of your to-do list accomplished!

Elaine L. said...

This is wonderful, Barb! I love the delicate paper and that lush bow! The shading around the bow is very effective. Glad you shared it with us in Mo's Challenge.

Karen Jiles Designs said...

This is stunning, Barb! Excellent coloring too!! Love it!

Sheila H said...

Spectacular card - your coloring is perfect!

Dorcas said...

Fantastic card! I'm so glad you were able to join us this week at Mo's!
Hugs,
Dorcas
ps) we encourage everyone who has word verification to turn it off as you'll get more comments from the DT.(Especially since word verification has gone to this new, 'almost impossible to get on first try' double word scramble.
Just a thought. :)