Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Am Still Here...

Hello everyone! I have been MIA, I know, I know…I am working on a few things that I am excited to share with you in the next few weeks.  But today, I wanted to show you the altered note pads I’ve been working on. I created several of these, to be used as table favors for a luncheon my Mom is hosting. I really enjoyed putting these together, but can you say TIME CONSUMING?! Oh my word! Here is how these came together…  I used CTMH White Daisy card stock. First, I stamped the eagle, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then covered him with a mask. I sponged on my clouds-my favorite part-it just adds so much dimension and depth and really gives the feeling that the eagle is in flight-LOVE it! Then I stamped the verse. I used Memento Tuxedo Black for this, too. Next, I removed the mask and colored the eagle with Copic markers and inked the edges of the image panel.  Then, I put the mask back on the eagle and sprayed the image panel with shimmer spray. I wanted the sky to sparkle, but not the bird. And finally, I adhered the panel to the note pad using SookWang tape, which is the same as Scor-Tape, but without the high price.  Easy peasy!

Click on image to enlarge.

stamp set: On Eagles' Wings~Our Daily Bread Designs.


Thank you so much for visiting with me today!


Blessings~

4 comments:

Sheila H said...

Very striking - they will be a hit, I'm sure.

Kathi Carlson said...

So beautiful, Barb!

Kim Burmeister said...

Barb, this is amazing! Wow! The clouds are so soft and your coloring is FANTASTIC! Love it!

Jeanne said...

Wow, Barb! This is gorgeous! So worth the time it took to create them all for sure.

I'm sure your mom loves them, too and appreciates your talent!