Monday, March 23, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Just sharing a bit of our St. Patrick's Day. My Man usually cooks our St. Pat's dinner, but he was a little under the weather, so I kicked into high gear and got it done. The usual fare...corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes and carrots. I have an Irish music CD that I usually play with dinner, but this year we watched Darby O'Gill and the Little People while we ate because I didn't want to miss American Idol! The food was delicious and we had a great time with the movie, singing the songs and cracking up over the little drunken king. We see this movie every year, if you haven't seen it in a while, check it out. Just good clean fun! I have to admit, I had to twist the girls' arms a bit to get them to stay for the whole movie. They're out growing it, I think. Funny thing is...My Man and I watched this movie even when we didn't have children, when it was just the two of us living in an apartment!



Click on the image to view the credits and read the journaling.


Happy Spring!!! Thanks for the visit. Until next time...

Blessings~
St. Patty's Clover Pinwheel

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Looks yummy! I love how you fully embrace every holiday. I've never seen that movie you spoke of...how funny you two watched it before kids and now the kids don't necessarily want to watch it. LOL

Great layout!

Kim Burmeister said...

Love your layout and the food does look yummy!

I like the way the word Irish looks, and the way your wrapped the clovers.

Risa said...

Oh wow...your layout is fantastic Barb! The pictures and embellishments are awesome. Thanks for sharing your St. Patty's Day with us.
hugs
Risa:)

stampmonkey said...

Again, you've done a beautiful job with your digi LO! I love that you and your family always find such fun and creative ways to celebrate the holidays...even the 'minor' ones. Thanks for sharing these glimpses into your daily life with us.