Sunday, April 6, 2008

She's A Senior!

She started off this school year as a Junior, but she is graduating in May...because she is a Senior! When Vic started off in high school three years ago, I asked her, "Wouldn't it be great if you could finish high school in just 3 years?" Well, that got the ball rolling and we've been rolling ever since. Homeschooled since first grade, she is used to goal setting. And once she set her sights on an early graduation, there was no stopping her. Yes, we faced A LOT of challenges. She was taking advanced courses at her Charter School, and she spent many weekends studying and doing homework. And on our homeschool days, she usually worked on school all day, but we prayed and pressed and she, with the help of Jesus, is here at the 'finish line', one year ahead of schedule AND finishing up with a GPA of 4.0! Congrats, sweetie! We are SO proud of you.



I thought I would post the layout from the beginning of the school year,too. I see a bit of a change there. THIS is the reason I make scrapbooks! It is so nice to be able to watch them grow and mature. The 'Senior' layout photo was taken on March 28,2008. The Junior photos were taken on August 21, 2007.




Click on photo for credits.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Your layout is beautiful, and so is your DD. Congratulations to her on her huge accomplishment.

Debbie Olson said...

Barb, I would be so proud of her too! I hope that we are that successful with homeschooling. :-) I'm thinking I'll put him in school at some point, but right now, we think that God wants us doing it this way. Your daughter's accomplishment is huge--congratulations to both of you! Oh, a great job on this page too!

Maricar said...

Congrats on her accomplishment and for your support in her education. Wow.

Anonymous said...

My goodness! What an a major accomplishment for the both of you! More great layouts! Your daughter is pretty too! I like that you posted the two layouts...one from the beginning of the year and one now. She definitely looks as if she has matured. Great job!